Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Back on the road again

3 things that make you happy:
  • back on the road again*
  • foxgloves
  • osprey
2 things you are looking forward to today:
  • therp
  • bookstore
2 long term things you are looking forward to:
  • back on the road again
  • 'mostly harmless'
1 person you are going to appreciate:
  • mineko
*back on the road again - For several years i have had intermittent head trouble driving alone, so have kept close to home unless someone was with me. I also had problems listening to music as an accompaniment to another activity, including driving. A while back, after seeing a "singing cowboys" book at Goodwill, I started listening to cowboy songs, then expanded to other kinds of music. Last week I started playing music while I was driving, using my Kindle Fire (through the car stereo) with a playlist of German female (mostly) singers. It worked. Yesterday I drove to North Bend & into the mountains a bit. Success. Drove home via Fall City - Redmond road ('old highway' - US-10 before the floating bridge was built). As I headed up Perkins Way, in Lake Forest Park, I realized that one of the ways the music was helping was that almost all the lyrics were in German, which put my head in German mode & discouraged random or triggery thoughts. 

No comments: